Car Rental in Budapest International AirportCheck all the BUD Car Hire Options and Find the Best Car Rental Deal
Budapest Airport Car Rental
Plan your trip to Bupadest the way you want by renting a car at BUD Airport. Forget all about waiting in line for a bus, a train, or even a taxi and travel to all your destinations stress-free. Rental cars offer you autonomy and independence. What time do you want to have your day started? You don’t have to check the public transportation itineraries or call for a cab. You just take your car and start driving to your destination.
In general terms, car rentals are ideal for travelers who wish to travel at their own pace. Are you one of them? You’ll find plenty of car rental agencies at Liszt Ferenc Airport. Major international car hire companies and local providers are at your disposal. You can check, compare and find the best value for money option for you. What type of car do you need? Do you want an economy or a standard car? Or perhaps you are eager to hire a luxury or premium car? Do you travel with lots of baggage and need an SUV or minivan vehicle? Whatever you are looking for, you’ll find it at BUD Airport. All you have to do is review all the alternatives and end up with the one that has the lowest rates with the topmost benefits to offer.
Car Rental Companies at Budapest Airport
The car rental offices are to be found near the baggage areas of terminal 2. International car rental agencies and local companies are present at BUD T2, offering premium services. Thus, the car hire companies operating at Budapest Airport are the following:
- Avis Rent-A-Car
- BUCHBINDER, MEGADRIVE, GLOBAL Rent-A-Car
- Budget Rent-A-Car
- Enterprise, National, Alamo Rent-A-Car
- Europcar Rent-A-Car
- Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty Rent-A-Car
- Sixt Rent-A-Car
- Schiller Rent a Car
Car Rental Tips & Tricks
- The pick-up point for the car rentals is usually the T2 parking area.
- Booking your car rental online in advance will save you time at the airport and give you access to better car hire deals as well as more vehicle type options.
- The sooner you make your reservation, the lowest fares you will secure.
- You need a credit card to rent a car at BUD Airport.
- If your driving license isn’t written in the Roman alphabet, you may need an International Driver’s Permit. In that case, you must also have your national license with you.
- You should opt for full vehicle insurance, to be covered in case of damages. Make sure you don’t need to buy extra insurance since damages such as tires or glass are often excluded from the full insurance package.
- Before starting your journey, take some pictures of the already existing car’s damages, to be able to prove that you aren’t responsible for them.
- It is advisable to choose the fuel-to-fuel option and refill the car before returning it. The car rental companies ask for much higher fuel prices.
- Before deciding to add a driver, you should first check the company’s charging policy.
- The longest you rent a car, the lowest its price usually is.
- Car rental companies charge per day. Thus, you should be careful concerning your dropping-off hour. If you exceed the 24-h, you may be charged for an entire extra day.
- The minimum driving age in Budapest is 21 years. However, for some types of car rentals (luxury cars, etc.), an even higher age limit may apply.
- The price of car rentals usually rises for young drivers, while some models of cars are not listed among their options.
- Driving around Budapest isn’t a hard task. Still, traffic jams are more common on the Pest side.
- During the evenings and the weekends, parking on the street is allowed. In any case, there are many parking lots scattered around Budapest.
- You can’t drink and drive in Budapest. Hungary has adopted a no-tolerance policy concerning drinking alcohol limits.
Car Sharing in Budapest International Airport
Are you looking for the environmentally-friendly option of car sharing? MOL Limo operates at BUD Airport, offering premium services. 15 parking spaces are available at Smart Parking. All you have to do is download the MOL Limo app and follow the instructions.
Is it cheaper to rent a car away from the airport?
Renting a car from a car rental office outside the airport is usually cheaper than renting it after landing. However, it is highly inconvenient. Thus, you should book your car rental online to secure the best prices and avoid all the hassle.
What happens if I damage a rental car?
If you have chosen to take the full insurance package, you’ll most probably be covered for the caused damages. However, you should keep in mind that in some cases (broken glass, tires, etc.), damages may not be covered even when the full insurance package is checked. On the other hand, if you aren’t insured, you’ll have to pay the cost from your pocket.